What is Perceptual Acting and Directing (PAD)
Perceptual Acting and Directing (PAD) is a new theory and action system with exercises, a foundation for every artist interested in evolving as a human being and master his own unique identity (actors, directors, dramatists etc.).
It is the foundation for any acting method and a lifelong learning manual that relates to the actor’s development and maturing through self-awareness methods, life coaching, ΕFT (emotional freedom therapy), philosophical statements, NLP (neurolinguistics programming), the value system by which humans live through the analysis of the Homer’s Odyssey, ancient Greek philosophy, Method Acting tools, meditation and mainly through knowing quantum mechanics.
It focuses on the compositional harmonization of the triptych body spirit soul & Ego, subconscious, Higher self.
As a graduate of sociology and creative writing and with a passion for researching “man”, his behavior and how each one of us should behave as a social being, aiming at the development of each artist personally and collectively and in need of a “better world” for everyone, I have created ΡΑD always bearing in mind the ability to positively influence the collective subconscious. PAD training creates more conscious and better people that can through their art and interaction with fellow human beings act for the common, personal and general good. ΡΑD is a theory and method for social strengthening, positive changes for the common good as well as a tool for a collective leap of consciousness that humanity so strongly needs today.
“YOU HAVE TO BE HUMAN IN ORDER TO ACT HUMAN
YOU HAVE TO ACT HUMAN IN ORDER TO BE HUMAN”
What you΄ll learn
- You are able to learn about yourself free from everyday identities and roles.
- You learn how to discover your inner child, parent, adult and the role that each one of your three sub-personalities plays and how these benefit you.
- How self-awareness and parallel fields give you the energy that fuels your everyday life.
- How the science of Quantum mechanics is an undisputed part of how you behave in your everyday life.
- How your value system affects your professional development and your personal life.
- You discover what your ideal lifestyle is and act based on it.
- How to cease acting out roles to satisfy your socio-psychological needs and how you can live in harmony with your organic truth i.e. your “self” free from your “ego”.
- Breathing, moving, senses, exploring the left and right hemisphere, how to work with *yourself* and learn how to “act” in the moment truthfully.
- How to communicate with the environment becoming part of it.
- How to develop and train your internal maturity, the personal, spiritual, physical and emotional perception, the perception of the five senses that are your main way of communicating with the environment.
- How to be in control of your “true” self, free from stress.
- How to be an observer and participant at the same time.
- How to enjoy the moment.
- How to continuously discover the value of the “given” time and the usefulness of making the most of it.
- How to maintain contact with your energy centres, the “space” inherent in your subconscious.
- How to learn to love what is most valuable to you – your “existence”.
- How to “exist” in different environments.
- How the roles you play in your life and on stage are quantum frameworks by which you coordinate and what this means.
How PAD will become your Safety Net
PAD’s main tool is a manual that contains theory, new ways of thinking, emotional training and taking responsibility for our outcomes, a procedure for life decisions and action, maturity and an understanding of our existence through quantum authentication. The entire material is analyzed through a synchronicity of the trainee with the role.
Experiential exercises used in PAD are useful self-awareness and treatment tools aiming at
- recognizing, accepting and understanding our entirety through the scientific data of quantum mechanics
- strengthening and communicating with your unconscious side, through the basic Alexander breathing technique
- the flow of energy through the Meridians and Chakras
- knowing how to somatize your emotions through “No Body” Movement Analysis
- body perception exercises and exploring your material reality
- exercises to help understand space, fields in space the relation between spaces with other people’s energies.
- exercises that help us understand our five-dimensional dynamics
- hidden text exercises
- ethos portrait and value system of the character
- want choices of the character
- ID exercise
- through visioning you redefine your cellular memories you learn how to identify and automatically alter your own emotions and thoughts
- balancing the right and left hemisphere
- releasing negative emotions
- unblocking the flow and opening up to Everything
- exercises for understanding our five-dimensional dynamics
- receive training on what the energy of love is and how to live and act through it
- freeze the moment meditation
- healing meditation
- the observer meditation
- consciousness meditation
- 5 Wall meditation
- frequency meditation
- spirals of light meditation
- DNA meditation
An observer’s diary
No teacher can teach you “who you are” regardless of the laws of human conduct and the potential and practice put in to expanding your perception. ΡΑD helps you make a leap of perception and understand “Who Am I”. The observer’s diary becomes your everyday tool to explore your artistic identity.
LOVING “YOURSELF” MEANS TAKING CARE OF “YOURSELF”!
TAKING CARE OF “YOURSELF” IS A GOOD ACT, IT IS AN ACT OF TRUTH!
A GOOD DEED IS A WAY OF SHOWING LOVE!
GOODNESS IS AN ACT OF LOVE!
LEARN HOW TO BE GOOD!
LEARN HOW TO LOVE!
Who does it address
PAD addresses artists, actors in training, amateurs and professionals, directors, dramatists as well as people who wish to unblock and release taught behaviors that act as an obstacle to cultivating a free, spontaneous and sincere self.
ΡΑD is a useful training tool for people who manage and affect small and large social networks given that in this day and age society dictates a way of managing people that balances the left and right part of the brain i.e. logic, language, judgement, emotion, subconscious, the wider understanding of the common and personal good, your own good, your colleagues good and that of society.
The modern way of training uses theatre as a self-learning tool. Experiential knowledge is man’s most essential tool for communicating with his own truth. Once our body becomes in sync with the thought determined by our emotion only then does it receive information that arises from the subconscious depicting our truth that often clashes with reality. A trainee will learn how to develop and put into practice his/her personal maturity, personal, spiritual, physical and emotional perception, the perception of the five senses, that determine our way of communicating with the environment, in order to enter the path of consciousness. Our basic traits do not change but our behaviors do. The only obstacle to our development is not “who I am” but who I believe I am. The greatest enemy of our own “selves” is our EGO. Every time our EGO is called upon to be happy playing a “role” that society, work, family or a partner likes and wants it presents a “self” that ignores the true self. Deconstruct the EGO (EGO = EDGING GOD OUT !) and enjoy EVERYTHING by exploring “who I am” through “roles” in theatre and real life.